Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Peanut Chaat


We had planned a Diwali gathering this year and the theme was to bring something that is popular from your home region. While talking to my friend in regards to the potluck she gave me this idea to make a peanut mix which she says that her mom serves to her dad and his mates over a glass of beer. I am from Ahmadabad, Gujarat and roasted salted peanuts are sold in a newspaper cone at every street corner. So I thought of making this mix but of course I had to give my spin to the mix and added a few more ingredients to the original recipe - I made into Gourmet Peanut Chaat or that's the name I gave to the dish! It was the highlight of my Diwali gathering and I hope you try it.

Ingredients:
  • 1 24 oz. can of cocktail Peanuts ( I used Planters brand)
  • 1 Red onion, finely chopped
  • 3 Roma tomatoes, finely chopped (take the seeds out)
  • 2 Persian cucumber, finely chopped
  • 1 Small yellow bell pepper, finely chopped
  • 1 Small orange bell pepper, finely chopped
  • 2-3 Serrano chillies, finely chopped (Use according to your taste)
  • 1 Bunch of cilantro, finely chopped
  • 1-2 tsp of Chaat masala or to taste
  • Fresh Lemon juice to taste
  • Salt to taste
  • Red chilli powder to taste

Method:
  1. Mix everything listed above in a big bowl.  For best results, mix the wet ingredients just before serving.

* To make it fun I made colorful paper cones to serve the chaat in.


6 comments:

  1. I loved the crunch and freshness of this chaat. Thanks for the recipe Dharini. This one goes in the recipe box for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was super easy. It was a hit! Thanks DP

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gald you liked it, Thank you for the feedback,

      Delete
    2. Thank you for making it for my son's birthday it was a real hit!

      Delete
    3. You are very Welcome. Glad it was a hit!

      Delete