Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Blue Berries & Cinnamon Mini Muffins



I am not good at baking at all, but this is one of the few recipes that I have mastered.  They actually come out perfect because of the simple recipe. Use fresh blueberries, when in season, to make them extra yummy. My kids love them, hope yours do too:)

Ingredients:

  • 1 cup all-purpose flour
  • 1 tbsp baking powder
  • 1/4 cup brown sugar
  • 1/4 tsp Nutmeg
  • pinch of salt
  • 1 egg ( skip to make an egg-less version )
  • 3/4 cup milk ( + 2 tbsp if skipping egg )
  • 3 tbsp Vegetable Oil ( make it into 5 tbsp if skipping egg )
  • 3 tsp cinnamon powder
  • 3/4 cup fresh blueberries 

 

Method:

  1. Preheat Oven 375F. line the muffin pan with the muffin cups
  2. Mix all the ingredients except Blueberries and granulated sugar till smooth.
  3. Add the berries, stir well and spoon batter into muffin tins so they're 3/4 full.
  4. Bake them till a skewer inserted in the center comes out clean. This takes approx 20-30 min depending on your oven.
  5. Let the muffins cool in the cups and then place them on a wire rack to cool further. 
  6. You can later lightly warm them when serving.

2 comments:

  1. These sound so yummy and simple ingredients that I have at home. I'll definitely try making these and I know they'd be popular in my office!

    ReplyDelete