Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Ginger Pear Tea

I love ginger!  I use it as often as I can.  My morning chai has a good dose of ginger - along with the tea, it wakes me up, so when I came across this recipe, I had to try it.  The natural sweetness of pear, paired with the sharp ginger taste, make good complimentary flavors.  The drink is very comforting.  It can be had as a good afternoon "tea time" drink, brunch item or can also be served for desert.


Ingredients:

  • 4 cups water
  • 1/2 cup sugar (or even less)
  • 2 large pears, peeled and coarsely grated
  • 1-inch piece ginger, sliced into 1/8-inch coins (I used a little more ginger)

Method:

In a medium pot, bring water, grated pear, ginger and sugar to a boil over medium heat. Reduce heat to a simmer and cook until the pears are very soft, about 30 minutes. Remove from heat and strain. Can drink it warm or refrigerate until chilled, about 2 hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment